Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Love

I'm not super sure exactly where to start...there is so much! Maybe a list? For organization's sake. You may appreciate this.

1. I love summer. I think I am the most tan now that I have ever been in my life (which, by the way, is not very tan...) My skin is sunkissed, my hair is sunstreaked, and my mood in general is a lot sunnier than it has been over the past year. This is how I know that it's summer. I feel like the timeline of the summer is my tanline (burnline?)...it's evolution and various stages and awkward patches that have grown, changed, faded, and been renewed as the months have progressed. Just call me sUnStRuCk!

2. What is summer without some quality time in the water? I've tried waterskiing, jetskiing, and tubing. I have also fallen off of each...some more than others... And when my body is so waterlogged that I think I'll drown on dry land, my music, a hammock, and my favorite blanket to keep out the wind are nothing short of perfect.



3. Friends. Need I say more? Cousins, brothers, sisters, parents...Sharing summer stories, telling jokes, watching movies, cuddling on the couch and pouncing on each other when those things jump out at you in scary movies...endless laughter and a vibrance of life. Moments are magnified when they are shared. And the camera is along for the ride to do its best at capturing and preserving those timeless seconds of the grand strand spectrum that is life.


And I think that, for now, pretty much covers my bases. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment