I'm in a meditative vegetative state and have been all weekend. All since Friday morning. I'd like to say I've been spending all this time pondering...but I couldn't tell you what about. It seems, instead, I've spent miles of time thinking about nothing--occupied by pushing away the pressing to-do lists, anxiously firing out texts and fidgeting, waiting for replies...Buckling down to do work last minute, wondering what in the world I'm doing, wishing to be elsewhere and wishing that people elsewhere were *here.*
Catch me in a photograph,
Capture me in time.
Hold me tighter than I can bear and,
Please,
Don't you dare let go.
Can definitely identity with the meditative vegetative state... Doing little things to feel mildly busy (ie: thinking a lot and texting) and avoiding thinking about the really big stuff that still needs to get done... Did I mention that I have two tests to take before the week is over? :P
ReplyDeleteLauren... you're blog posts have SERIOUSLY hit the spot lately... this is EXACTLY how I am right now. You are such a good writer, love love LOVE your blog.
ReplyDelete