And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses; but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning.
Bearing this in mind, let's go to 3 Nephi 17 and change things up a bit...
1-Behold, now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked again on me, and he said unto me: Behold, my time is at hand.
6-And he said unto me: Behold, my bowels are filled with compassion towards you.
16-And after this manner do I bear record: The eye hath never seen, neither hath the ear heard, before, so great and marvelous things as I saw and heard Jesus speak unto the Father;
17-And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as I both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled my soul at the time I heard him pray for me unto the Father.
18-And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of praying unto the Father, he arose; but so great was my joy that I was overcome.
19-And it came to pass that Jesus spake unto me, and bade me arise.
20-And I arose from the earth, and he said unto me: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
17-And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as I both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled my soul at the time I heard him pray for me unto the Father.
18-And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of praying unto the Father, he arose; but so great was my joy that I was overcome.
19-And it came to pass that Jesus spake unto me, and bade me arise.
20-And I arose from the earth, and he said unto me: Blessed are ye because of your faith. And now behold, my joy is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment