Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stand.

When all these thoughts that through my head teeming
Spiral down to the ground and no one's believing--
When the strongest hearts are broken
And the purest truths unspoken
I can feel a burning awaken
For the joy friends have forsaken.
When the mirror shows me what I hate to see
And turning my back offers no reprieve--
When those I have admired are found sprawling on the ground,
Tears fill up my heart though my lungs release no sound.
I can feel harsh desperation
Compounding loss and frustration.
When I feel alone,
As though it's not possible to stand--
When the ranks are thinning
Though I stretch forth my hand...
My faith holds by a thread
And I lift my beseeching head
Holding out hope and firm resolution
That I will be apart from this apparent dissolution.



I've spent far too much time telling myself that I can do this...that I can have integrity and high standards...because so many others are doing the same thing.
And then I've spent far too much time hurt and confused and disappointed when those people turn their backs on what I admired so much about them.

You have to know for yourself. You have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment