Have you ever bothered to peruse the journal and sketchbook section at your local Borders?
It may be my new hobby. I am inexplicably enthralled by the empty books, and even moreso by their covers.
*They* say not to judge a book by its cover, but...come on. Let's be realistic.
I look at the covers of these books and wonder what sorts of detail they may hold.
What stories, poems, quotes, pictures....what would one write in a book with that cover?
There's one type of cover in particular that captivates me. There's a company that makes these journals with artistic and textured covers. Embossed may or may not be the word I'm looking for. But they are so cool. I probably spent over half an hour admiring the artwork on the covers of those books, running my hands over the rivulets of texture, opening and closing the little flap that came around the front of the book and fit perfectly into its spot, and complaining about how it was everything I wanted.... ALMOST everything I wanted.
There's one type of cover in particular that captivates me. There's a company that makes these journals with artistic and textured covers. Embossed may or may not be the word I'm looking for. But they are so cool. I probably spent over half an hour admiring the artwork on the covers of those books, running my hands over the rivulets of texture, opening and closing the little flap that came around the front of the book and fit perfectly into its spot, and complaining about how it was everything I wanted.... ALMOST everything I wanted.
One problem is the price. Upwards of $15 for a journal is a little on the pricey side. But it COULD be worth it... I'm still trying to decide. The major problem is the lines.
I dislike that there are lines drawn into that book upon which I am expected to write.
What if I want to draw?
What if I want to choose the shapes that my words will take?
Why do I have to follow the lines??
I want empty pages spread before me.
A blank slate.
Waiting.
...But the covers are just SOOOOOOOO pretty!!! Yes. I'm obsessed.
and i am also obsessed . . . with everything that you write. why you so good girl?
ReplyDelete