If YES: It may surprise you to learn that a large number of people outside the midwest USA region have NEVER heard of that term. In fact, they are convinced it isn't a real term. My dear cousins, born and raised in the western states, now imagine small children in the midwest region running out to recess and shoving their glasses up their nose as they nerdily call out, "I'm going to play on the PALAYYY STRUCTURRRRRE!" I know. The naivete is nauseating.
If NO: Are you SURE you haven't heard of the word? Can you at least make an educated guess as to its meaning? Let's think this through. Play structure? Hmmmmm....could it possibly be...I don't know...maybe a STRUCTURE....probably one that you PLAY on?? Like at a PLAYGROUND??? That big ol' thing with the slides, and sometimes there are monkey bars attached and other such amusing adornments! It makes sense. The playground is the general area where there are lots of things to play on, like swings. The PLAY STRUCTURE is the....well, the STRUCTURE! And I'm not making up this term. I have verified with several people that it is, indeed, a legitimate term that is often used. Still don't believe me? Best solution: Google it. Google doesn't lie.
oh lauren... i love you. even though you're weird :)
ReplyDelete