Friday, October 01, 2010

Some More About Me:

I am afraid of thunderstorms.
I hate driving over bridges.
My whole body tenses up when I'm in a car that's driving through the rain.
I WILL go out of my way to avoid walking in the proximity of large birds.
I will also go out of my way to avoid canoeing in the proximity of large birds.
This does include swans. I don't care how freakin' majestic or beautiful you think they are.
They are MACHINES.
Potential freaks me out; knowing that there is a high possibility of falling.
I throw my hands up in the air sometimes...
I'm always nervous about walking up to the wrong house when visiting friends. AWKWARD.
Blood and bodily harm make my head spin so....
I distract myself by tapping my toes, jiggling my legs, looking around, focusing on anything else.
I love walking.
And listening to music.
Preferably simultaneously.
I sometimes get the urge to dance down the street as my music blares in my ears.
I like walking across bridges. Or skipping across them. They make my life seem like a fairytale.
I like novels about tragedy and death.
I love Poe's poetry
BUT
I hate his short stories.
I have a desire to create something lasting--
something powerful.
Something that can evoke emotion...
And does.
I don't fear death.
I swear I'm not suicidal or anything of the sort, but the truth is...
Death excites me.
I'm so unbelievably excited to have everyone I've ever loved all around me at once.
I can't wait to see and be with those who will greet me when I pass the veil.
I want to see everyone who has touched my life
Or whom I have touched
And can't even fathom how grand of a reunion it will be.
And I will get to share the gospel with my loved ones from Earth who didn't take the time to learn it here.
And I pray they will listen, and accept. I pray I can be the example they need.
"Live so that those who know you,
But don't know Him,
Will want to know Him
Because they know you"
And I will see Christ. And try to find some way to express just how much I love Him.
Don't get me wrong-- I'm certainly not ready for it yet.
I have so much left to do.

2 comments:

  1. what a great post. you are a born blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. this is incredible. i never saw it like that before.

    ReplyDelete