Monday, September 27, 2010

London Bridge is Falling Down

You want to talk about bridges?
Let's talk about mine:
My fear to fall
And my desperation to climb.....

--------------------------------------------
Tumbling
Fumbling
Often stumbling
This weight feels uneven
Across my shoulders and back.
Let's speak of our travels
Our trials
Our tears
The blows we've been dealt
Through the course of the years.

My bridges are many
Though these bridges be small
They cross tumultuous waters--
I pray not to fall.
We'll talk about bridges,
We'll talk about mine,
The fear I feel,
The drive to climb.

I can't help but reach higher--
It's what I see people do all around--
But my fear of heights
Draws my sight to the ground.
If you're on your way down,
Please, take me, too,
And if you're headed up
Keep me with you.

Just don't leave me
frightened,
Alone with no friend--
Tell me what you want
And that will be the end.
But please,
I beg,
Don't leave me to myself--
I can't enjoy the view
Unless there's someone there
To hold on tightly to.

Laugh with me,
Cry with me,
Take me by the hand--
Let's cross my bridge together
And get our feet back on land.

No comments:

Post a Comment