Saturday, September 11, 2010

Murderer of Hopes, Dreams, and Bunnies

I spent the majority of my day with my ten year old sister. The rest of the family was dispersed doing various activities, and Lindsay and I were left at home. Being super amazing and productive people, we watched TV and spent a lot of time on the computer. BUTTTT before you judge us.... We also did all of our Saturday chores, made ourselves lunch, AND did homework. She did all of hers, and I did most of mine (I get a lot more than she does....). We decided to reward ourselves with a shopping trip! It was raining, but not too atrociously, so we decided to walk. I wore my pink cowboy boots (because I am a cool person). She wore boots, too.... but they have really thin soles and Tinkerbell and are cloth. Not a great selection. Anyway...... we hit up four stores, and all went relatively well. However, Lindsay was getting a little frustrated that I kept telling her some of the trinkets she wanted were too expensive. But she dealt...
THEN CAME THE LAST STORE....
Borders. (I had to show her those really cool journals.... See old post...)
They were selling some Build-a-Bear kits with EVERYTHING you needed all inside a simple box.
Side-note: Lindsay is obsessed with bunnies.

There was a Build-a-Bear Build-a-Bunny on the shelf. I could tell things were going to get ugly. I said, "No," while admitting it was cute, hoping to appease her. Alas... such was not to be. She threw a fit. She wanted that bunny. Not even promises of chocolate could tame her burning desire. I bought the chocolate, anyway. It was good stuff.
We were picked up from the store, and on the way back home I offered a compromise (I'm a fantastic older sister).
I told her that, if she really wanted, she could give me one of her bunnies when we got home, and that I could then proceed to cut a hole in it, pull out all the stuffing, and put in back in. I EVEN threw in the possibility of kissing a little felt heart and tossing it back in the bunny along with the stuffing. She refused. Shows the thanks I get....

Though, in truth, I was actually a little afraid that she'd agree to my plan...... just a little. I would have done it, though, if she'd wanted. Really!!

No comments:

Post a Comment