Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Getting to Know You"

Have you ever filled out a "Get to Know You" questionnaire? I hate them. Actually, that's a strong word... I really really dislike them. I mean, do you really expect me have thought about which superpower I would most like to have? Clearly, from the number of times I've been asked that question in my life, I really ought to have given it some thought! It would be very productive of me. Maybe one day people will be distributing superhero contracts and I'll have to make a decision in a split second, before the agents are swamped and all the good contracts taken. I'd be stuck with "Super Pooper: The amazing ability to control the consistency of your poop-- no runs and no constipation EVER!" Woot, woot..... I wonder what my teacher would think if I put that down for my power...

And if I could meet ANYONE in the world, who would it be? If you give me a profile of everyone in the world and a few years to sort through them all and narrow it down, I may be able to get back to you on that one...If I haven't met them, yet, how do I know whether I want to?? I'm not really into the crazed fan crushes scene... I like the people I know now. Can I just retrospectively pick a few of them??? Please?

AND if I'm filling out this stupid questionnaire because you're trying to get to know me, what makes you think I want to divulge my daydreams and hopes and fears and inside jokes and outside jokes and the tiny details of my life that make me who I am? I'm a rather open person, but still.... A little much, maybe?

So back to this questionnaire... "If I could meet anyone in the world...I would meet...because..."

And the first ellipse is extraneous. A.K.A INCORRECT. Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment