Faces milling,
Emotion spilling,
Names and footprints
Pass through my mind.
Here’s to catching fireflies,
Here’s to telling little white lies,
Here’s to chasing butterflies
And watching cloudy skies.
Here’s to that sundress,
The thudding heart in my chest,
The days that went with little rest,
The dreams that I’ve express’d.
Here’s to the summer sun,
The work that was never done,
The season’s breath in my lungs,
The open fields, begging me to run.
Here’s to the golden tomorrows,
The happiness that counters sorrow.
Here’s to the roads I’ve tried to follow,
The love I didn’t need to borrow.
Here’s to the memories of the past,
The laughter that for hours lasts,
Here’s to the glow that on my life is cast,
And the future that is spread before me, so vast.
Here’s to the little moments in life,
Here’s to the joy that outlives the strife.
this is great. "the laughter that for hours last" is my favorite:)
ReplyDelete