Last year I lived in a dorm room. It looked something like this:
 |
| Bed |
 |
| Desk |
 |
| Closet |
 |
| Spacious Room. (There's another bed to the right of the frame.) |
Now I am a big girl. So I'm living in an apartment. And this is what my room looks like:
 |
| Dresser and desk |
 |
| Dresser and Desk |
 |
| Bed |
 |
| Side A. That lone suitcase is the one thing I still need to finish unpacking. It has my tank tops, a pair of gloves, and two hats inside of it. |
 |
| Side B. The door you see is the door to the closet. It doesn't open all the way because of the dresser next to it. |
 |
| The closet. It's hard to get a decent picture of it-- there's maybe about 8 more inches to the left. Shared between two people. I have to actually put my shirts in my dresser this time around. |
So I don't know how much of an upgrade the sleeping quarters ought to be considered. BUT I do have a decently sized kitchen, a living room, and there are 2 full bathrooms for the five of us girls.
I went grocery shopping yesterday and it was absolutely terrifying. I don't know how to do food. I got yogurt, fixings for salad, pasta, rice, tuna, pita... and I think that's about it. I'm already making another list. I need to figure out how to cook chicken. Right now I'm leaning towards boiling, because it sounds feasible. And then I can freeze it and stuff. Clearly I'm a pro...
So this is Lauren. Learning how to Live. Alliteratively, it appears.
No comments:
Post a Comment