Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Packing.

I thought that I could pack for college again, no problem.
I thought that I could beat the system 
and stick it to the man
Sure, I will have only about a third
of the storage space in my apartment
that I had in my dorm last year,
BUT 
I now have the advantage
 of knowing what clothes I didn't really wear, anyway. 

I've been mulling over my favorite jeans,
dresses,
and skirts
 for months.
It should be quick,
 easy,
 and efficient. 

I thought I had it narrowed down to six or seven skirts and five or six dresses.

Seven, max

I was awfully proud of myself for my growth as a packer.
AND THEN I COUNTED.

I counted sixteen skirts and twelve dresses waiting to be rolled up and packed into my suitcases.
SIXTEEN skirts.
And TWELVE dresses.

So I went through them again.
And again.
And again.

SIXTEEN SKIRTS
And TWELVE DRESSES.

And I've reached a stalemate.
I like them all.
I WILL wear them all.
-- I WILL!

But I only have half a dresser... half of a closet...  And half of the floor space under a bed.

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment