Friday, January 13, 2012

Disclaimer: It's a Girl Thing...

So. I have an eight o clock class that is Classics of Western Literature. We are reading the Iliad. This morning my alarm went off at 7:23 am. However, my dream had not come to a satisfactory conclusion at that juncture, so I hit snooze and fell back asleep. When I woke up again, I checked my clock. 7:55. I must have hit "Dismiss" rather than "Snooze." So I jumped out of bed and made the decision that I was going to go to class as is. My book was already in my backpack, so I brushed my two front teeth with water on my toothbrush, slipped on boots, grabbed my backpack and a coat, put my hair up in bun, grabbed my phone and key and headed out the door. Halfway down the hall I realized that I wasn't wearing a bra. Too late. I continued to class, trusting the overlarge sweatshirt to be my cover.
Running/Walking down the stairs, down the hill and across the field,  I realized I had a cramp in my lower abdomen... and that it was around "THAT time of the month." No good, no good.
Impressively, though, I was only one minute late to class! And it was pretty obvious why, due to my apparel and the hand print across the side of my face.
Still worried about the thong situation, I asked the girl next to me for a tampon, planning to take care of that when we split into discussion groups. The wrapper was a little open, but no big deal. However, the discussion groups never happened. Such a great day so far!
After class my boyfriend and I headed to the cafe, where I decided to take sure Mother Nature and I were still on good terms. She was sympathetic. So I put the tampon into the pockets of my sweats, intending to go back up to my room and get decent. Then friends came! So I stayed in the cafe for another hour just chatting. As I was getting ready to leave, I put my hand in my pocket, wondering what a syringe-like object could possibly be doing in my pocket. I pulled it out in front of my face to examine whatever I was carrying around. The Tampon. Awkward moment. I don't know who all witnessed this, but my boyfriend was sitting right in front of me. He says I'm a champ.  I think that was already pretty clear.

Reenactment

No comments:

Post a Comment