Thursday, March 01, 2012

Late Nights

Last night Emma and I stayed up LATE. I had a five-page historiography to write, and she had two papers and a project. We tag-teamed power napping-- one of us would nap while the other stayed awake and worked so that we could make sure that neither of us would STAY asleep. It was cute. And challenging. Around four in the morning I finished and went to bed. She went to bed and got up early this morning. I was so out that I didn't even hear her alarm go off before mine this morning, but she was up and working when my alarm went off at 7:30. Yeahhh eight o'clock class!
But actually. In class this morning we turned in our essays, and arranged our desks in a circle to discuss and analyze WWI poetry (primarily written by soldiers-- from various countries) and then talked about the good and bad things we encountered when writing our historiographies, and gave one another advice for the researching challenges that we shared. It was super cute. There were plenty of jokes about the little amount of sleep our professor assumed we had gotten, and we even got out a few minutes early.
Also, it's an absolutely gorgeous day. Sixty-four degrees and sunny, all the rain from yesterday drying up.
And it's always nice when class is canceled... which was the case with my second class today, Art History. Except that it wasn't really "canceled," more so "postponed." She gave us take-home tests/essays to do over break. Also, it's difficult to be happy about because she was going to the hospital to visit her husband, who has cancer and just contracted pneumonia. Talking to a student, she said that they've been sleeping in different beds and she wears a mask and they cook in the kitchen at different times.... but somehow he still got sick. Rough, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment