I am a less-than-accomplished swimmer.
I have no form when diving. Or jumping.
Potential energy freaks me out.
So why would I jump off the railing of a 40-foot bridge into the river below?
Well.... Everyone's doing it....
Actually, at the time, NO ONE was doing it, and that was my incentive.We watched them jump off. We watched two jump holding hands, and gasped as one smacked his side against the surface of the water. And then we watched as they just stood up there... watching....waiting... nothing. What's the fun in watching a bunch of college boys just stand on the bridge next to the railing, staring down? I was going to show them up. Yep. Just mosey on up and jump. So I pulled off my jeans, flipped my hair back into a ponytail, and climbed those stairs. Climbing over the ledge, standing on the beam, my legs were a bit shaky, but... I jumped.
I am bad at jumping.
Before hitting the water my right leg slid up, and my right thigh took the impact. It's pretty red, but not as bad as that one guy's side... he's got popped blood vessels and bruising. And it's sore. But you know what? My boyfriend feels pretty bad about it. Which can work in my favor.
And will I do it again?
Ehh. Who knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment