Friday, August 12, 2011

Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice

Yesterday I did what *they* wanted me to. I clicked on one of those ads on my Facebook's sidebar. And I didn't close the window it opened. I perused. And "perused" may just be too light a term-- I combed through all 38 pages of dresses from ModCloth. AND I clicked on my favorites. AND I copy/pasted them into a Word document. I determined that if my entire wardrobe was only dresses, I would be a very happy girl. As the seasons progress simply go from flip-flops to moccasins, then boots... bare legs, tights, leggings... heavier cardigans, sweaters, coats... It's very doable. Unfortunately, ModCloth's selection is most definitely out of my budget. Nonetheless, I've decided to post pictures of the dresses that caught my fancy periodically, so you can enjoy them, too. I think I discovered that I have a propensity toward simple, classy cuts, with bright colors or textures to catch the eye. However, I absolutely adore beige, cream, and ivory. Particularly if it is lace. I adore lace. I also fell in love with dresses in the classy navy, mustard, or plum. I know. All that doesn't leave much off the palette...  I also like belts and sashes. A lot. Especially belts.

Sample #1:

Bright colors! Torn about the matching belt, though. I'd prefer just  a thin brown belt, which would also alter the look to make it a bit more casual.
BEIGE. I adore the skirt on this dress. It maintains the integrity of a simple silhouette,  but the gorgeous girly ruffles cascading at a trendy angle takes it more upscale and makes it unique. And it's in beige. Did I mention that?
Lace makes my heart happy.
Another simple, but flattering, silhouette with a fresh, pretty print and a belt to take it up a notch!
 (That was a pun) I really do love this dress. 

My favorites from this particular group are most definitely Nos. 2 and 4. It's not cheating to pick two because one is fancy and the other is not. Kay? But if you force me to choose between those two, I'll go with number 4... It's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment