Friday, December 17, 2010

To Live

If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

The ballad of a dove:
Go with peace and love.

Gather up your tears, keep them in your pocket
Save them for a time when your really gonna need them

A penny for my thoughts?
Oh no, I’ll sell them for a dollar;
They're worth so much more after I’m a goner
And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singing--
Funny when you're dead how people start listening...

(excerpts from If I Die Young, The Band Perry)

If I were to die,
Murdered,
In cold blood tomorrow....
Would you feel sorrow?
Or show Love?
Or would it matter?

(When The Music Stops, Eminem)


You can't be a martyr unless you have a religion--unless you live a religion. You can't have a reason to die without having a reason to live. Death is only as grand of an affair as the life preceding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment