Friday, January 29, 2016

I n t e r [n ] v i e w

Looking through summer internship opportunities, I decided I have an experiential gap that I would like to fill.

I needed to do an internship to prepare for an internship.

So I headed to the Southern Virginia Communications Department.

(Because I'm really good at blogging, right? Right.)

It was definitely one of the more interactive and interesting interviews that I have been in.

To get a feel for my vibe, I fielded some creative questions:

What is your favorite youtube video? 
Easy.
[PSA: That's not her mom]

What did you eat for breakfast?
Unfortunately, half of a grapefruit. My yogurt was MIA.

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
#Embarrassing 
In kindergarten I wrote that, one day, "I really hope to make the cut as a secretary." (I don't think that's how I spelled "secretary," though)

80's music--cool or not?
Uh oh. I knew I'd run into trouble with this one.

"Um. I'm actually not really sure what 80's music is?"
"The Smiths, David Bowie?"
"Umm..."
"Well, it's not a big deal; we just listen to a lot of music while we work. It can be a source of contention and I'm a 80's/90's guy."
"Oh, 90's? (feeling a combination of relief and trepidation) I know Backstreet Boys and N'Sync!"
"...Not that kind of 90's music..."

Pretty cringe-worthy, right? But I keep going...

"Well, if it's the kind of music that my mom listens to, I like it!"

World, you should know that this guy is in his late 20s/ early 30s. He is **not** in the same demographic as my mother.

But we THANKFULLY moved on from there to discuss the pros/cons of Chipotle and Cafe Rio.
(The pork salad and tomatillo sauce put me solidly in league with Cafe Rio, but I do prefer the rice and tortillas at Chipotle. In case you were curious.)


Moral of the story:
Never pick me for your trivia team.





1 comment:

  1. I think your mother has excellent taste in music from a variety of decades.

    ReplyDelete