When I went job hunting at the mall, I guess that I'd forgotten about the real world. Getting ready for eight o'clock classes at school involved as little preparation as possible. I basically lived in the basics. Jeans and V-neck tees. That is what I wore job hunting. Jeans, a V-neck tee, cute flats, and neat make-up done in natural colors- a minimalist approach. Make-up was a rarity in college, and my hair was up as much as it could be so that I wouldn't have to deal with it, but for job hunting I went the extra step and straightened it!
Then I got to the mall.
My senses were assaulted (ok, mostly just my eyes, but I liked the alliteration) by bright colors and cute trends. Trends. I'd forgotten about those. Styles. Fashion. I felt terribly unprepared.
I think I like the college world better.
No comments:
Post a Comment