I have pretty short hair. It's a little longer than chin-length, and although definitely not thin, it's not all that thick....
I've generally blamed the length of my hair (it used to be prettyyy long), its relative thickness, or the lack of water pressure for why my showers are so long and my hair takes incredibly long to get wet.
But this week... a new variable popped into my mind....
IT'S BECAUSE I'M SHORT.
I am five feet and three inches tall. And I haven't grown for roughly six years. My sister, five years younger than me, is three inches taller at 5'6".
The average female in the U.S. is between 5'4" and 5'5".
Now think of a showerhead. Think of the water dispersal. The streams are higher in pressure and closer together the closer to the showerhead you get.
Here's a picture:
And now here's a diagram explaining my logic:
Compare the surfaces of impact for each head. The taller one is getting more water at a higher pressure than the shorter one (mine!). And while this obviously isn't to scale, I think you get the picture. (PUN ALERT!)
So I stood up on my tip toes and moved myself a few inches back. There was actually a noticeable difference!
I'm never showering on the flats of my feet again!
Not only will I save money on the water bill... but I will also develop some killer calf muscles.


No comments:
Post a Comment