Thursday, November 18, 2010
Brick by Brick
Finals are coming up; major exams at the end of the term that compose 20% of a student's overall class grade. I hate finals soooo much. My brain just doesn't seem to function in the traditional material-remembering style! I am intensely intrigued by some subjects, and can remain fixated on a subject for a couple of weeks... but then it completely leaves me once my curiosity has been satiated, and by the time exams roll around, it's like I'm starting from scratch and learning for the first time. These finals clearly do not take all types of learning into account, and simply can't be an accurate measure of intellect. They represent what society has constructed to measure and tell us our own worth. We should all just rebel and not take them. If the whole senior class refused to take the final exam, would the school really hold the entire class back from graduation? That would not go over well. A rebellion is in order... but it's pretty risky. I guess I'll just go eat soup with a fork instead. That'll teach society a lesson or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment